Tuesday, February 22, 2011

McCartney 1970 (english version)


 We all have a reference point in life that we discover things concerns, personal intimacies that we do not have but at some point come out of nowhere to become something big. Philosophy aside my love of photography was the most magical way you can imagine. It was a unique moment in time. I’ll never forget the day fell into my hands a copy of Paul McCartney’s first album after finishing with the group. I must have been about thirteen years old, running out primary school. I didn’t find anything on an artistic level at home so I had to go to my college friends whose borrowed the albums and recorded in the exempt cassettes. I remember very well that day I collided with the album “McCartney” in 1970. I was a fall saturday morning and we had a football match in the school. That day something in my brain lit up and I knew with certainly that it goes with me. When I had opened the disc folder I discovered the huge repertoire of photographs that flashed into my mind forever. It was a set of images taken by his wife Linda McCartney, very simple, one touch, quite familiar and spontaneous. At that time still believed in a cover concept and music (which sadly no longer do). So vinyl photo sleeve have reflected the simplicity of the music you would find inside.
Paul recorded much of the debut solo album in the living room of his house at
7 Cavendish Avenue
in St. John’s Wood, London. Playing all the instruments and doing production work without using any mixing desk. Linda contributes with delicious vocal harmonies and of course the author of all photos in the folder with her Nikon F and mostly with 35 and 50mm. That started it all, I love you Lily!



                        P.d. and now I’ve understood “the beautiful 4 o’clock pink   
                                     Scottish sun” so cute!!

No comments: